Updated February 1, 2024
Cornerstone Building Brands, Inc., together with its affiliates and related companies (collectively “Cornerstone”, the “Company” “we,” “our,” or “us”) provides this Privacy Notice for California Job Applicants (“Notice”) to explain our practices regarding the collection of Personal Information through our job application process, including our careers website (https://www.cornerstonebuildingbrands.com/careers/job-opportunities/). This Notice explains what Personal Information we collect about California applicants, why we collect it, how we use and disclose it, and the rights you have relating to your Personal Information under the California Consumer Privacy Act, as modified by the California Privacy Rights Act of 2020 (the “CCPA”).
As used in this Notice, the term “Personal Information” means information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with you. Personal Information does not include information that is publicly available, de-identified, or aggregated.
Categories of Personal Information
As part of your application for employment at Cornerstone, we may collect the following categories of Personal Information about you:
|Category of Personal Information
|Personal contact details (such as name, alias, title, username and password for our careers website, telephone number, fax number, pager number, email address, mailing address, IP address); signature; social media usernames; professional license numbers
|Personal information described in Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e)
|Name, physical and electronic signature, address, telephone number, education, employment, employment history, physical characteristics or description
Some of this information overlaps with the other categories listed in this Notice.
|Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law
|Age and date of birth, race, ancestry, ethnic origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion or creed, military or veteran status, medical condition, genetic information, disability, marital status
|Internet or other electronic network activity information
|Browsing history, search history, and information regarding your interactions with our websites, applications, or advertisements
|Your geographic location inferred from your device IP address
|Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information
|Security camera recordings in our offices, photographs to the extent contained on documents you provide, information relating to your use of our videoconferencing software
|Professional or employment-related information
|Skills, qualifications, work experience, references, salary, supervisor names, duties and responsibilities, reason(s) for leaving, recommendations, and other information included in a resume, CV, application form, or cover letter;
Answers to behavioral or other screening questions in an application or interview;
Information contained in any websites, social media pages, or documents you choose to share with us;
Information relating to professional licenses, training, disciplinary actions, and membership in professional organizations;
Information relating to membership in civic organizations;
Information about referral sources.
|Non-public education information
|School(s) attended, grades, transcripts, records of attendance, disciplinary records, and other information relating to your secondary, post-secondary and vocational education, including any graduate or professional degrees
|Inferences drawn from other Personal Information
|Preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes based on other Personal Information collected about you
|Sensitive Personal Information
|The Personal Information we collect includes the following categories of Sensitive Personal Information:
We also collect the following information about you, which does not directly fall within the categories listed in the CCPA:
- Languages spoken;
- Driving record;
- Criminal records and background check information;
- Drug and alcohol screening information.
Sources from which We Collect Your Personal Information
We may collect your Personal Information directly from you, automatically when you use our website, from service providers that help us to run our business, from third parties, and automatically while you are on Company property. We may also create some Personal Information about you (e.g. inferences drawn from the other categories of Personal Information we collect). Additionally, we may collect publicly available information about you, including information that is lawfully made available to the general public from federal, state, or local government records.
Purposes for Collecting Your Personal Information
We collect the information described above for the following business purposes:
- To open and maintain your application records;
- To determine if you would be a good fit for employment at Cornerstone;
- To assess your eligibility for employment;
- To communicate with you;
- To analyze trends, usage, and activity relating to our recruiting;
- For security and fraud detection/prevention;
- For internal research;
- To comply with legal or regulatory requirements.
We use the categories of Sensitive Personal Information we collect to comply with government reporting requirements and other legal obligations, and for security and fraud-prevention. We do not use or disclose Sensitive Personal Information for purposes to which the right to limit use and disclosure applies under the CCPA.
In addition to the purposes described above, we may use and disclose any category of Personal Information we collect to respond to law enforcement requests, or as otherwise required or authorized by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations; to protect our rights and interests and those of others; to resolve any disputes; to enforce our policies; and to evaluate or conduct a merger, sale, or other acquisition of some or all of our assets.
How Long We Keep Your Personal Information
We keep the categories of Personal Information described above for as long as necessary or permitted for the purposes described in this Notice or otherwise authorized by law. This generally means holding the information for as long as one of the following apply:
- Your Personal Information is reasonably necessary to manage our operations, to manage your relationship with us, or to satisfy another purpose for which we collected the information;
- Your Personal Information is reasonably necessary to carry out a disclosed purpose that is reasonably compatible with the context in which the Personal Information was collected;
- The Personal Information is reasonably necessary to protect or defend our rights or property (which will generally relate to applicable laws that limit actions in a particular case); or
- We are otherwise required or permitted to keep your Personal Information by applicable laws or regulations.
Where Personal Information is used for more than one purpose, we will retain it until the purpose with the latest period expires. For more information about our retention of Personal Information, please contact us using the contact details below.
Disclosures of Personal Information
Within the preceding 12 months, we have not sold or shared for cross-context behavioral advertising the Personal Information of California residents that we collect in relation to applications for employment at Cornerstone. If you also interact with us as a consumer, please review our California Consumer Privacy Notice for more information about our practices in that context.
We disclose and, during the last 12 months, have disclosed the above categories of Personal Information to our service providers and contractors for the following business purposes:
- Ensuring security and integrity of Personal Information
- Debugging to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality;
- Short-term, transient use;
- Performing services on our behalf (which may relate to any of the purposes for which we collect Personal Information, and may involve processing, maintaining or collecting Personal Information on our behalf);
- Marketing and advertising (other than cross-context behavioral advertising);
- Undertaking internal research for technological development and demonstration;
- Undertaking activities to verify or maintain the quality or safety of a service or device that is owned, manufactured, manufactured for, or controlled by us;
- Detecting or protecting against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity.
Submitting Requests Relating to Your Personal Information If you are a resident of California, you have the right to submit certain requests relating to your Personal Information as described below. To exercise any of these rights, please submit a request through our webform or by calling us at 866-526-0152. Please note that, if you submit a request to know, request to delete, or request to correct, you will be asked to provide 2-3 pieces of Personal Information that we will match against our records to verify your identity. You may designate an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf; however, you will still need to verify your identity directly with us before your request can be processed. An authorized agent may submit a request on your behalf using the webform or toll-free number listed above.
Right to Know. You have the right to know what Personal Information we have collected about you, which includes:
- The categories of Personal Information we have collected about you, including
- The categories of sources from which the Personal Information was collected
- Our business or commercial purposes for collecting or disclosing Personal Information
- The categories of recipients to which we disclose Personal Information
- The categories of Personal Information that we disclosed for a business purpose, and for each category identified, the categories of recipients to which we disclosed that particular category of Personal Information
- The specific pieces of Personal Information we have collected about you
Right to Request Deletion of Your Personal Information. You have the right to request that we delete Personal Information we collected from you, subject to certain exceptions. Where we use deidentification to satisfy a deletion request, we commit to maintaining and using the information in deidentified form and will not to attempt to reidentify the information.
Right to Correct Inaccurate Personal Information. If you believe that Personal Information we maintain about you is inaccurate, you have the right to request that we correct that information.
Right to Non-Discrimination for the Exercise of Your Privacy Rights. If you choose to exercise any of your privacy rights under the CCPA, you also have the right not to receive discriminatory treatment by us, including retaliation against you as a job applicant.
Please contact Human Resources with any questions about this Notice.
Cornerstone Building Brands, Inc.
Attn: Human Resources
5020 Weston Parkway
Cary, NC 27513